Nijo-Jinya was a house for the Daimyo (territorial lord) who doesn't have their own residence in Kyoto, built in the early Edo Period (1603 – 1868). There are several traps inside the house, such as hidden room and hidden staircase to protect the Daimyo's safety.
*You need to join the tour to enter the house (Please visit the link below). Children under 15 years old cannot join the tour.
- Visit Tour: From 10:00, 11:00, 14:00, and 15:00
- Wednesdays *except October and November
Price / Entrance Fee
- 1,000 yen (General, Adult)
- 800 yen (Senior high student)
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from Nijojo-mae Station on the Kyoto Municipal Subway Tozai Line (T14)
Address / Location
- 137, Sambo Omiyacho, Nakagyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 604-8316
- 🇯🇵Origami🏳️🌈 @origami444 - 2018-09-29
- Len Puzon @lenpuzon - 2018-07-19
- Ben Cowell DG @Ben_CowellDG - 2018-06-02
- Jackson Croft @CroftJackson - 2017-04-01
- taktack1 @TakTack1 - 2016-06-01