Nikko Futarasan-jinja Shrine
Futarasan-jinja Shrine is dedicated to the three sacred mountains around the shrine: Mt. Nantai-san (or also called Futara-san), Mt. Nyoho-san, and Mt. Taro-san. The shrine was founded by a priest Shodo Jonin 1,200 years ago and the shrine's current Hondo main hall was constructed by the 2nd Tokugawa Shogun Hidetada, which is the oldest building in Nikko.
The stunning vermilion-lacquered Shinkyo Bridge（Sacred Bridge） is a part of the shrine and retains its long association with mysterious legends. It is said that red and blue snakes appeared when Shodo Jonin visited here and the snakes turned into the bridge so that he can cross the Daiya-gawa River.
- 8:00 - 17:00 (April - October)
- 8:00 - 16:00 (November - March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 200 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 7 minutes from JR Nikko Station by the bus bound for Chuzenji Onsen or Yumoto Onsen. Get off at Nishi-Sando Bus stop, then walk 7 minutes.
- 日光二荒山神社 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-1-1, Babadori, Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi, 320-0026