Nippara Shinrin-kan (Nippara Forest Hall)
Nippara is famous for having the most giant trees over 100 years old in Japan. Nippara Shinrin-kan is Japan's only giant tree information center. It was established to celebrate the designation of the giant cypress tree in Kurasawa as a natural treasure by the Tokyo metropolitan government.
The facility offers information, paintings and photographs of giant trees all over Japan as well as the guidance for "tree-watching" of Tokyo's giant trees.
- 10:00 - 17:00
- 10:00 - 16:00 (December - March)
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- 200 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Okutama Station by the bus bound for Higashi Nippara or Shonyudo. Get off at Higashi Nippara Bus stop.
- 奥多摩町 日原森林館 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 819, Nippara, Okutama-machi Nishitama-gun, Tokyo, 198-0211