Nopporo Forest Park
Nopporo Forest Park is a large park which has 17 walking trails. There are also Historical Museum of Hokkaido and Historical Village of Hokkaido inside the park. In the western part of the park, you can find a 100 meters tall Hokkaido Centennial Memorial Tower. The tower has a observatory on the 8th floor, and you can enjoy the excellent view of Sapporo city after climbing up 100 steps. You can get the information of the park at the visitor center called "Shizen-no-Fureai Koryu-kan". The park is a habitat of squirrel and owl, and sometimes you will be able to find them when walking around the park.
- Open 24 hours
- Shizen-no-Fureai Koryu-kan: 9:30 - 16:30
- Hokkaido Centennial Memorial Tower: 9:00 - 16:30
- No closing days
- Shizen-no-Fureai Koryu-kan: Mondays, December 29 - January 3 (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Hokkaido Centennial Memorial Tower: early-April - early-November
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from JR Shinrin-koen Station
- 15 minutes from JR Shin-Sapporo Station by the bus bound for Kaitaku-no-Mura. Get off at Nopporo Shinrin-koen Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Atsubetsucho Konopporo, Atsubetsu-ku Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, 004-0006