Ochawan Kiln Street
Karatsu-yaki ware is known as one of the top three tea sets in Japan, along with Raku-yaki ware in Kyoto and Hagi-yaki ware in Yamaguchi, and have been used regularly by tea masters.
Ochawan Kiln Street is paved with pottery plates of Karatsu-yaki ware and many pottery makers, including the potter who is designated as a Living National Treasure, are gathered on the street. Old climbing kilns can also be seen off the street.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes walk from JR Karatsu Station
Address / Location
- Motoishimachi, Karatsu-shi, Saga, 847-0064
- Milo🥀P. for Procrastination🕰️🍹 @milostudio - 2019-02-24
- 🍌💙 Aʅყx ❤️🐟 @astrajuno - 2019-02-23
- 🏆 @midori03_ - 2019-02-23
- Beth @electicss - 2019-02-22
- Fire World @IndFireWorld - 2019-02-15