Ochawan Kiln Street
Karatsu-yaki ware is known as one of the top three tea sets in Japan, along with Raku-yaki ware in Kyoto and Hagi-yaki ware in Yamaguchi, and have been used regularly by tea masters.
Ochawan Kiln Street is paved with pottery plates of Karatsu-yaki ware and many pottery makers, including the potter who is designated as a Living National Treasure, are gathered on the street. Old climbing kilns can also be seen off the street.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes walk from JR Karatsu Station
Address / Location
- Motoishimachi, Karatsu-shi, Saga, 847-0064
- 西海岸 唐津店 @nishikaigan031 - 2019-10-16
- CMSCrawler @cmscrawler - 2019-10-13
- mysites @mijnsites - 2019-10-12
- Staggs @Staggs13665329 - 2019-10-11
- Mateo Rebolledo @UxMatte - 2019-10-11
- Travel Japan @Travel21JPN - 2019-10-10