Ogimachi Castle Ruins
Ogimachi Castle was a typical mountain castle of medieval times which was built on a high hill in Ogimachi. The castle was owned by Yamashita Ujikatsu, a subordinate of Uchigashima Tameuji, the landlord of Hida 400 years ago.
Now an observation deck was built in the site of castle ruins and you can enjoy a picturesque view of the entire settlement with Gasho-zukuri style houses from this point. The settlement is lit up in January and February, and the night view seen from the observation deck is especially beautiful.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Takayama Station by the bus bound for Shirakawa-go / Kanazawa. Get off at Shirakawa-go Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Ogimachi, Shirakawa-mura Ono-gun, Gifu, 501-5627
- Paco GCifuentes❤️ @pacoGCifuentes - 2019-03-16
- Japanese Castles @castle_jpn_en - 2017-06-14
- Lydia Hearst @LydiaHearst - 2016-08-28