This large park is comprised mostly of a central lake, which originally formed part of the outer moat of Fukuoka Castle. Around the lake runs a broad path which is popular with joggers, cyclists and walkers alike. Ohori Park is also home to Noh theater, Japanese Garden and Fukuoka Art Museum. Adjoining Ohori Park on the east side is Maizuru Park where you can explore the ruins of Fukuoka Castle.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Rate
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 7 minutes walk from Ohorikoen Station on the Fukuoka City Subway Kuko Line (K06)
- 大濠公園・西公園｜水と緑のオアシス (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-2, Ohorikoen, Chuo-ku Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 810-0051
- Fuku Life @FukuLife - 2014-11-19
- Took and old blanket and a jacket to a homeless guy in Ohori Park. Didn't realize he had a GF/wife. Wonder how long they've been together...