Okususobana Natural Garden
Throughout Okususobana-keikoku Valley lies a forest of giant beech trees spread around the source of the Susobana-gawa River basin. The trees hydrate the forest with their high water-retaining capacity. The valley is designated as one of the One Hundred Natural Treasures of Japan. In the autumn, the beauty of the valley's landscape set of against the red and yellow mountains resembles a painting on a folding screen.
Okususobana Natural Garden in the valley is home to a large colony of approximately 810,000 skunk cabbages bearing pure white flowers. The viewing season is from late-April to early-June.
- 8:30 - 17:00
- November - late-April
Price / Entrance Fee
- 410 yen (General, Adult) *late-April - May
- 200 yen (General, Adult) *June - October
- Admission Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 60 minutes from JR Nagano Station by the bus bound for Kinasa. Get off at the last stop, then take a taxi for 30 minutes.
Address / Location
- Kinasa Hikage, Nagano-shi, Nagano, 381-4302
- 三橋幸和（micci) @88micci - 2020-07-15
- True Japan Tour @truejapantour - 2020-07-13
- 🇨🇦maple leafs 4 ever🇨🇦 @canadianTML - 2020-07-13
- Owl Fowl @theOwlbratz - 2020-07-13
- Travel Japanese App @traveljpapp - 2020-07-13
- steve @Steve_yamaha46 - 2020-07-13
- Virtual Trip to Japan🇯🇵 @VurtualTrip_jpn - 2020-07-13