Old Nabari Town / Nabari Todo Residence
Nabari town is located on the other side of the mountains from Yamato (today's Nara), the former location of the imperial court of ancient Japan. Influenced by the culture of Yamato, Nabari prospered as a key junction between the east and west of Japan in medieval times and some old buildings still can be seen in this area.
Nabari Todo Residence is a former residence of Nabari Todo family, a high ranked Samurai during the Edo Period (1603 - 1868). A part of the large residence still remain and opened to the public.
- Nabari Todo Residence: 9:00 - 17:00
- Nabari Todo Residence: Mondays and Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Nabari Todo Residence: December 28 - January 3
Price / Entrance Fee
- Nabari Todo Residence: 200 yen (General, Adult)
- Nabari Todo Residence: 100 yen (High School Student)
- Nabari Todo Residence: Admission Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from Nabari Station on the Kintetsu Osaka Line
- 名張藤堂家邸跡 - 名張市観光協会 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- Old Nabari Town: Shimmachi, Nabari-shi, Mie, 518-0727
- Nabari Todo Residence: 54-3, Marunochi, Nabari-shi, Mie, 518-0718