Onigashima Cave in Megijima island (or called Onigashima island) is a scene of the Japan's famous fairy tale "Momotaro". According to the story, the 450 meters long, maze-like cave was the home of Oni (Ogre), and there are dolls of Oni placed inside the cave today.
The cave is said to have been created in 100 B.C. and was discovered by Sentaro Hashimoto in 1914.
- 8:30 - 17:00
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 500 yen (General, Adult)
- 250 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes ferry ride from Takamatsu Bay (2 minutes walk from JR Takamatsu Station), and take the shuttle bus from Megi Bay (10 minutes bus ride)
- 鬼ヶ島大洞窟 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 2633, Megicho, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa, 760-0092
- James Moar @jamesmoar - 2017-11-18
- David @ Ogijima @Ogijima - 2015-05-26
- Tanner Bananer @tannereakin - 2015-05-05
- kuja45 @kuja45 - 2015-01-29