Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields extends upward along the narrow street in Kamogawa City. It is the nearest terraced paddy fields from Tokyo.
A total of 375 layers of beautiful arcs form the mountain landscaping near village becomes unique scenery of Japan. Oyama Senmaida is selected as one of the best 100 paddy fields in Japan, and today the locals participate in cultivation and preserve the terrace style.
- Office: 9:00 - 1:00
- Office: Tuesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 32 minutes from JR Awa-Kamogawa Station by the bus bound for Hiratsuka-hongo or Tokyo-wan Ferry. Get off at Kamanuma Bus stop, then walk 20 minutes.
- 30-minute taxi ride from JR Awa-Kamogawa Station
- 千葉県-鴨川市 大山千枚田保存会 棚田の保全と都市農村交流による共生。 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 540, Hiratsuka, Kamogawa-shi, Chiba, 296-0232
- EnergyStorageSummit @ESSJ_2015 - 2015-03-27
- #Nikki completed building 31.211MW of 'Kamogawa Mirai Solar Park' in Chiba, Japan. It can cover about annual use of 9,000 households.
- Mayor Justin Nickels @mantymayor - 2015-03-26
- The individuals selected for the Student Exchange Program with our Sister-City, Kamogawa Japan, stopped in my office. http://t.co/U42SiJ1kYF
|Basic information about traveling to Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields.|
|Opening hours of Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields.|
|Closed days or periods of Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields.|
|Price of the entrance ticket or other fees for Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields (if applicable).|
|How to get to Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields with public transportation.|
|Official website of Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields or other related pages.|
|Address and map of Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields.|
|List of other recommended sightseeing spots.|
|Tweets related to Oyama Senmaida Paddy Fields.|