POLA is one of Japan’s major cosmetic companies. The museum’s collection consists of more than 9,500 pieces which POLA’s former owner collected over a period of more than 40 years. It includes a wide range of fine works not only by Japanese artists but also European masters such as Renoir, Picasso, Cezanne and Galle. The museum building is of architectural interest, blending into the surrounding nature and greenery. It houses a event hall, restaurant, and sunny café with expansive glass windows.
- 9:00 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Occasionaly for display renewal
Price / Rate
- 1,800 yen (General, Adult)
- 1,300 yen (Student)
- 700 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 13 minutes from Gora Station on the Hakone Tozan Line by Sightseeing Shuttle Bus. Get off at Pola-bijutsukan Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 1285, Sengokuhara, Hakone-machi Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa, 250-0631
- paola schiavone @paoladalian93 - 2014-09-02
- "@emilnolde1: "@ScienzaeScuola: Claude #Monet, The Rio della Salute, 1908, Pola Museum of Art, Kanagawa,#art http://t.co/mmEC5OiN4w""
- ScienzaeScuola @ScienzaeScuola - 2014-08-30
- Claude #Monet, Water Lilies, 1907, Pola Museum of Art, Japan #art #twitart #ilovemonet http://t.co/QDWL70L9A8
- Fabiola @emilnolde1 - 2014-08-30
- "@ScienzaeScuola: Vincent van Gogh, Flower Vase with Thistles, 1890, Pola Museum of Art, Kanagawa, JP #vangogh http://t.co/GxeOGPkQ6V"
- ScienzaeScuola @ScienzaeScuola - 2014-08-28
- Vincent van Gogh, Flower Vase with Thistles, 1890, Pola Museum of Art, Kanagawa, JP #vangogh #art #twitart http://t.co/oETUrPUhWB
- ScienzaeScuola @ScienzaeScuola - 2014-08-27
- Claude #Monet The Pink Skiff, 1890, Pola Museum of Art, Kanagawa, JP #ilovemonet #art #twitart http://t.co/OlOFUhRGI1