Ryuo-kyo Gorge stretches about 3 kilometers between the two inter-mountain hot springs - Kawaji Onsen Hot Spring and Kinugawa Onsen Hot Spring. The gorge was formed approximately 22 million years ago as the flow of the Kinugawa River wore away the volcanic rocks that had been thrown up by underwater volcanic eruptions. The gorge's beautiful scenery can be enjoyed by walking on the Ryuo-kyo Natural Trail along the river.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from Ryuokyo Station on the Yagan Railway
- 10 minutes from Kinugawa Onsen Station on the Tobu Railway by the bus bound for Kawaji Onsenn or Yunishikawa Onsen. Get off at Ryuokyo-iriguchi Bus stop.
- 日光国立公園 龍王峡 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- Fujihara, Nikko-shi, Tochigi, 321-2613
- NordamMarketing @NordamMarketing - 2015-08-17