Located at the foot of Mt. Ureira-san, Ryusen-do Cave is one of the three largest stalactite grottoes in Japan. The cave is over 3,100 meters long, but the full picture of the cave is still uncertain and it is said that the total length of the cave would be over 5,000 meters.
Noteworthy is a small lake at the bottom of the cave, 120 meters deep, filled with crystal emerald green water called "Dragon Blue".
- 8:30 - 18:00 (May - September)
- 8:30 - 17:00 (October - April)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 1,000 yen (General, Adult)
- 500 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 132 minutes from JR Morioka Station by the bus bound for Ryusen-do. Get off at the last stop.
- 24 minutes from JR Omoto Station by the bus bound for Iwaizumi-ekimae. Get off at Ryusendo-mae Bus stop.
- 12 minutes from JR Iwaizumi Station by the bus bound for Ryusen-do. Get off at the last stop.
- 岩泉町・龍泉洞WEBサイト (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-1, Iwaizumi Kannari, Iwaizumi-cho Shimohei-gun, Iwate, 027-0501
- Erie K. ANDO @karstology - 2018-03-18
- Guillermo Serralta @memo_serralta - 2015-01-07