Sada-jinja Shrine appears in "Izumo-no-Kuni Fudoki", an ancient records of Izumo which was completed in 733, and has long been worshipped as "Izumo Ninomiya", or the second Izumo-Taisha Shrine since then.
The shrine has a rare characteristic of being composed by three impressive Taisha-style buildings which are designated as a national important cultural property. Sada Shin-noh, a ritual Noh dance which is designated as an intangible UNESCO world heritage, is performed at the shrine.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Etomo. Get off at Sada-jinja-mae Bus stop.
- 佐太神社公式ホームページ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 73, Kashimacho Sadamiyauchi, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-0331
- The Indian Express @IndianExpress - 2019-04-24
- IE Lifestyle @lifestyle_ie - 2019-04-24
- Cane Island Crypto @nsquaredcrypto - 2019-04-24
- Wafuku @Wafuku_me - 2019-04-23
- madoof89_ @maedehfadaei - 2019-04-22
- iplanjapan @iplanjapan - 2019-04-22
- Duc Nguyen @showmeashowa - 2019-04-21
- Wafuku @Wafuku_me - 2019-04-17
- SBS Brands @SBS_Brands - 2019-04-17
- The Japanalyst - Naoto K. @the_japanalyst - 2019-04-15
- 𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖆𝖓 @sitdowncomedian - 2019-04-15
- Alexandra D-S @iotwatch - 2019-04-15