In Sai-no-kawara Park, there are about 50 gushing hot springs all over this park. Hot spring water can be seen bubbling to the surface here and there. According to tradition this area was said with trepidation to be full of springs which belonged to a demon because only moss would grow.
The park also has the largest open-air hot tub in Kusatsu which can accommodate over 100 people. This is a bath where one can really feel Kusatsu's abundant nature, whether it is in the daytime under the clear blue skies or in the evening under a sky full of stars.
- Open-air bath: 7:00 - 20:00 (April - November)
- Open-air bath: 9:00 - 20:00 (December- March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
- Open-air bath: 500 yen (General, Adult); 300 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Kusatsu Bus Termilal, then walk 15 minutes.
- -草津温泉-西の河原露天風呂｜トップ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 521-3, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- N. E. Overttun @neoverttun - 2020-07-06
- Japanese culture @JPN_cultureblog - 2020-07-05
- Japan Travel @JapanTravel - 2020-07-04
- Rosen Petrov @Tennis_Bull - 2020-07-04
- Kendal James @MissKendalJames - 2020-07-03
- Curious George || edojyo_ji @edojyo_ji - 2020-07-03
- Maria Marta P.M.🍀 @MariaMa34519283 - 2020-06-30