Sanada Treasures Museum
The long-established Sanada family from east Shinshu expanded their influence as a local ruling family and survived turbulent times from the Azuchi-Momoyama period (1573 - 1603), the age of rival warlords, to the Edo period (1603 - 1868). Matsuriso retains the stateliness of the simple Samurai spirit of the Sanada family.
The Sanada Treasures Museum which exhibits the Sanada family treasures and the former Sanada Residence with its beautiful garden and Bunbu School, where the sons of the clan members studied literature, military science and swordsmanship, convey the culture of the castle town to the present day.
- 9:00 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Maintainance period (5 days in the late-June)
Price / Entrance Fee
- 300 yen (General, Adult)
- 120 yen (Child)
- Combination ticket with Sanada Residence and Bunbu School: 400 yen (General, Adult)
- Combination ticket with Sanada Residence and Bunbu School: 150 yen
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Nagano Station by the bus bound for Matsushiro. Get off at Matsushiro Sta. Bus stop.
- 真田宝物館 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 4-1, Matsushiromachi Matsushiro, Nagano-shi, Nagano, 381-1231
- NCIR長野市国際交流員 @CirNagano - 2016-02-16