Sandanbeki Cliff / Sandanbeki Cave
Rising to a height of 50 meters along a 2-kilometer stretch of the Pacific Ocean, Sandanbeki Cliff has been created by the erosion of its waves. There is a walking path to the edge of the cliff where you can enjoy the spectacular views. There is also another path which leads to Senjojiki Rock.
You can also take an elevator down to a cave located 36 meters below. The cave is said to have been a hideaway of Kumano-suigun navy, which ruled the Seto Inland Sea and participated in the conflicts between the Taira and Minamoto clans during the late-Heian period (794 - 1185).
- Open 24 hours
- Sandanbeki Cave: 8:00 - 17:00
- No closing days
- Sandanbeki Cave: Irregular
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
- Sandanbeki Cave: 1,300 yen (General, Adult)
- Sandanbeki Cave: 650 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 23 minutes from JR Shirahama Station by the bus bound for Sandanbeki. Get off at the last stop.
Address / Location
- 2927-52, Shirahama-cho Nishimuro-gun, Wakayama, 649-2200
- BujinkanYotsumeDojo @yotsume - 2017-01-21
- kampungboycitygal @kgboycitygal - 2016-08-04
- Mercuryw @Mercuryw_ - 2015-12-20