Sannai-Maruyama Site / Komakino Site
Sannai Maruyama Site is one of the largest Jomon ruins excavated in 1992. The recent discovery of the Sannai Maruyama Site revolutionized existing theories on Jomon culture. There are restored residences and storehouses of Jomon Period (5,500 - 4,500 years ago) in the large premises. The exhibition center, "Jomon Jiyukan" offers various hands-on experiences, including making Jomon pochettes and mini clay figures. Near by the Sannai Maruyama Site, visitors can also see the Kumano Site, large stone circles from the Jomon Period whose mysteries have yet to be uncovered.
- 9:00 - 17:00 (October - May)
- 9:00 - 18:00 (June - September)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Aomori Station by the bus bound for Menkyo Center. Get off at Maruyama Sannai Iseki-mae Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Sannai Maruyama, Aomori-shi, Aomori, 038-0031
- Karen Gonzalez Rice @kgonzalezrice - 2015-08-30