The ancient traditional streets from the Edo Period (1603 – 1868) are preserved there with abundant old atmosphere. You can also see the sight from the river by taking a sightseeing boat.
The shops here are nearly live museums with the age of over a hundred years and provide many things remained from the history. There is even the traditional 300-year-old Great Festival of Floats in summer (July) and fall (October).
- Sightseeing Boat: 10:00 - 16:00 (April)
- Sightseeing Boat: 10:00 - 16:30 (May - September)
- Sightseeing Boat: 10:00 - 15:30 (March, October, November)
- Sightseeing Boat: 10:00 - 15:00 (December - February)
- No closing days
Price / Rate
- Sightseeing Boat: 1,300 yen (General, Adult)
- Sightseeing Boat: 700 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 12 minutes walk from JR Sawara Station
- ぶれきめら - 観光事業 [ 舟運事業 ] (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1730-3, Sawara I, Katori-shi, Chiba, 287-0003