Seichoji Temple, a sacred ground surrounded by thousand-year old cedars, boasts a rich 1200 year history. Asahigamori refers to the highest point within the temple grounds. Some theories say that you can see the earliest sunrise in the Eastern Kanto region from Asahigamori. Perhaps it is not a simple coincidence that Holy Priest Nichiren is rumored to have climbed to the top of the mountain and achieved his enlightenment as he faced the sunrise he saw from there. The temple was originally constructed as Tendai sect temple, then affiliated with the Shingon sect before becoming a part of the Nichiren sect in 1949.
- 9:00 - 16:00
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
- Treasure house: 200 yen (Booking required)
Access / Public Transport
- 18 minutes from JR Awa-Amatsu Station by the bus bound for Seicho. Get off at Seichoji Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 322-1, Kiyosumi, Kamogawa-shi, Chiba, 299-5505
- dave yamaya @daveyamayaphoto - 2018-12-17
- KURONEKO GAIJIN @_GaijinNeko_ - 2018-12-15
- experience_japan @kyo_ninja - 2018-12-14