Seiryu-ji Temple (Showa-Daibutsu Great Buddha)
Sriryu-ji Temple is known for having Japan's largest seated bronze statue of the Nyorai (or Dainichi) Buddha built in 1984. The statue of Great Buddha, generally called "Showa-Daibutsu", is 21.35 meters in height, which is even higher than the statue of Great Buddha in Nara (14.98 meters) and Kamakura (13.35 meters).
The temple also offers various experiences, such as morning Zen meditation and vegetarian meals (Shojin-Ryori) to visitors.
- 8:00 - 17:30 (April - October)
- 9:00 - 16:30 (November - March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 400 yen (General, Adult)
- 200 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 25-minute taxi ride from Aomori Station on the JR lines or Aoimori Railway Line
- 45 minutes from JR Aomori Station by the bus bound for Showa Daibustu. Get off at the last stop.
- 昭和大仏｜全仏山 青龍寺 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 45, Kuwabara Yamazaki, Aomori-shi, Aomori, 030-0935
- Gaman Takashi @gaman23 - 2020-04-04
- Unknown_1983 @1983_unknown - 2020-04-03
- Elisabeth Herzog @ElisabethHerz15 - 2020-04-02
- HWNJPN @Hwnguyinjpn - 2020-04-02
- Tina Dadic @SunceMore1 - 2020-03-31
- HWNJPN @Hwnguyinjpn - 2020-03-30
- Travel Japanese App @traveljpapp - 2020-03-29
- Andrea Martinello @__Martinello - 2020-03-29
- Ana Todorovic @AnaTodo78510391 - 2020-03-29