Sendai Kaleidoscope Museum
Sendai Kaleidoscope Museum is an experience-based museum displaying various kinds of kaleidoscopes, from the unique to the mysterious, the antique to the modern. The exhibition includes the kaleidoscopes made in the 1800's.
You can touch and look into the kaleidoscopes displayed at the second floor. You can also try making your original kaleidoscope at the museum shop.
- 9:30 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 900 yen (General, Adult)
- 450 yen (Child)
- Kaleidoscope making: 1,995yen
Access / Public Transport
- 40 minutes from JR Sendai Station by the bus bound for Akiu-onsen / Akiu-otaki. Get off at Matsuba Bus stop.
- 仙台万華鏡美術館ホームページ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-2, Moniwa Matsuba, Taihaku-ku Sendai-shi, Miyagi, 982-0251
- kaahnman @ahnpankaahnman - 2020-05-25
- justin velgus @JustinSendai - 2016-05-09