Senjo-ga-hara Marshland is located near the center of Okunikko, with a wood trail to facilitate access. It is a great place to hike while viewing alpine plants, wild birds, and many other lovely sights. From the observation deck, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the marshland.
"Senjo-ga-hara" means a battlefield in Japanese. A legend says it is a place where the gods of Mt. Nantai-san and Mt. Akagi-san fought each other.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 66 minutes from JR Nikko Station by the bus bound for Yumoto Onsen via Kotoku Onsen. Get off at Sanbon-Matsu Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Chugushi, Nikko-shi, Tochigi, 321-1661
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2019-08-23
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2019-08-21
- Janice Brady @bjkbrady - 2019-08-21
- Travel Japanese App @traveljpapp - 2019-08-19