Shosen-kyo Ropeway takes you from Sengataki Station to Panoramadai Station at the top of Mt. Rakanji-yama (Yasaburo-dake) in 5 minutes. From the observation decks located at the altitude of 1,058 meters, you can enjoy the panoramic view including Mt. Fuji, Southern Alps, Arakawa Dam, and Kofu Basin. There are also Promise Hill and Yakumo-jinja Shrine, which are popular spots among couples near the ropeway station. You can reach to the summit of the mountain with Yasaburo Gongen Shrine, which enshrines the god of Sake, by walking 15 minutes from the station.
- 9:00 - 17:30 (April - November)
- 9:00 - 16:30 (December - March)
Price / Entrance Fee
- 1,000 yen (General, Adult) *round trip
- 500 yen (Child) *round trip
Access / Public Transport
- 40 minutes from JR Kofu Station by the bus bound for Shosenkyo-takigami. Get off at the last stop.
- 昇仙峡ロープウェイ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 441, Ikaricho, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi, 400-1217
- James Halat @jimjimtomo - 2020-01-16