At the foot of Mt. Hiei-zan, Shugaku-in was build by the Emperor Go-Mizunoo in 1656 with the aid of the third Tokugawa Shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu. Its garden is characterized by a complete unification of nature and garden.
*Note: You need to join a visit tour to enter. Advance booking is required at the Kyoto office of the Imperial Household Agency. Online application is also available (Please visit the link below). Children under 18 years old cannot join the tour.
- Visit Tour (80 minutes): From 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 13:30, 15:00 (Booking required)
- Visit Tour: Sundays and National holidays
- Visit Tour: Saturdays (January – February, June – October, December) *except the 3rd Saturday
- Visit Tour: December 28 – January 4
Price / Rate
- Visit Tour: Free (Booking required) *Children under 18 years old cannot join the tour.
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from Shugakuin Station on the Eizan Main Line (E05)
- 44 minutes from JR Kyoto Station by the #5 bus. Get off at Shugakuin-Rikyu-michi Bus stop, then walk 15 minutes.
Address / Location
- Shugakuin Yabusoe, Sakyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 606-8052
- gion_shinmonso @gion_shinmonso - 2014-12-14
- Shugakuin Imperial Villa was built in the 17th century by Emperor Gomizuno and is now managed by the Imperial... http://t.co/3DzElB9SHH
|Basic information about traveling to Shugaku-in Imperial Villa.|
|Opening hours of Shugaku-in Imperial Villa.|
|Closed days or periods of Shugaku-in Imperial Villa.|
|Price of the entrance ticket or other fees for Shugaku-in Imperial Villa (if applicable).|
|How to get to Shugaku-in Imperial Villa with public transportation.|
|Official website of Shugaku-in Imperial Villa or other useful pages.|
|Address and map of Shugaku-in Imperial Villa.|
|Other recommended sightseeing spots.|
|Tweets related to Shugaku-in Imperial Villa.|