Takachiho-jinja Shrine is said to have been established over 1900 years ago. It is the main shrine of 88 shrines in Takachiho. The shrine's Honden main hall and its iron shrine dog are designated as national important cultural properties.
Kagura, or Shinto theatrical dance, is performed here nightly at 20:00 as a dedication to the gods and also to entertain visitors.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
- Shinto theatrical dance: 500 yen
Access / Public Transport
- 76 minutes from JR Nobeoka Station by the bus bound for Takachiho. Get off at the last stop, then walk 10 minutes.
Address / Location
- 1037, Mitai, Takachiho-cho Nishiusuki-gun, Miyazaki, 882-1101
- Leeshay @leeshay_art - 2021-01-22
- Ryo @nippon_tourist - 2021-01-22
- Pirates of the Seven Seas 🐾 @winterhafen - 2021-01-22
- Usman Riaz @usmanriaz1990 - 2021-01-22
- Arya Van Alen @AryaVanAlen1 - 2021-01-21
- katsu 🎐 @katskandy - 2021-01-20
- Joshua Jaeger @_joshuaTurbo - 2021-01-20
- Ginma@Commissions @GinmaART - 2021-01-20
- ChatLeRoy @ChatLeRoy - 2021-01-18
- Bright Illustration @BrightArtDesign - 2021-01-18
- Roberto Flores @FloresToons - 2021-01-18
- Directory of Illustration @DirIllustration - 2021-01-18