Urasenke Center (Chado Museum)
Urasenke Center is the headquarters of Japan's leading tea ceremony school, Urasenke. Chado Museum in the center regularly features exhibitions related to Chado, the Way of Tea. Chado Museum exhibits tea-making utensils and related craftworks. On the second floor of the museum, there is a replica of Urasenke's famous tea room called "Yuin". After seeing those exhibits, a cup of Matcha tea is served to visitors. The museum also offers a chance to join a tea ceremony held here. *One week advanced booking is required. Call 075-431-6474. Next to the museum, there is a library called "Konnichi-an Bunko". The library is specialized in tea ceremony, too.
- 9:30 - 16:30 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- Regular exhibiton: 500 yen (General, Adult)
- Regular exhibiton: 300 - 400 yen (Student)
- Admission Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Kyoto Station by the #9 bus. Get off at Horikawa-Teranouchi Bus stop.
- -裏千家ホームページ 茶道資料館 トップページ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 682, Teranochitatecho, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 602-0073
- ARAKI @AntiquesARAKI - 2016-05-17