Usuki Sekibutsu Stone Buddhas
Usuki Sekibutsu Stone Buddhas are over 60 of stone Buddhist images carved on a natural cliff in Utsuki. Even though any record about the stone Buddhas has not been found, they are believed to have been carved between the 12th and 14th centuries. The reason why they were created is unclear. These stone Buddhas are some of the most prestigious creations in Japan, and 59 of them are designated as National Treasures in 1995.
- 6:00 - 19:00 (April - September)
- 6:00 - 18:00 (October - March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 540 yen (General, Adult)
- 260 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 18 minutes from JR Usuki Station by the bus bound for Miemachi. Get off at Usuki-sekibutsu Bus stop.
- 国宝 臼杵石仏 公式ホームページ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- Fukata, Usuki-shi, Oita, 875-0064
- たっくん @takutakkun0623 - 2020-06-30
- Jayce❤️ジェイス @jayce_in_japan - 2020-06-30