Located in the northernmost part of Yatsugatake Chushin National Park, Utsukushi-ga-hara-kogen Highlands is one of the largest tablelands in Japan. Utsukushi-ga-hara-kogen offers visitors a moorland scenery on a mountain plateau at an elevation of 2,000 meters. A well maintained footpath runs through the pastures, perfect for enjoying an easy trek. A 360-degree panorama provides excellent views of many mountain ranges, including the distant Mt. Fuji.
Utsukushi Tower, the symbol of Utsukushi-ga-hara-kogen, was built as a shelter for climbers. The bell inside the tower serves to help climbers find their way in foggy weather. The 6-meter high tower was originally built in 1954, and the current tower was reconstructed in 1984.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 83 minutes from Matsumoto Bus Terminal by the bus bound for Utsukushigahara Bijutsukan. Get off at Yamamoto-goya Bus stop, then walk 15 minutes.
- 70 minutes from Matsumoto Station on the JR lines or Alpico Kotsu Kamikochi Line by taxi, then walk 20 minutes.
Address / Location
- Iriyamabe, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano, 390-0222
- Arcainum @Arcainum - 2019-06-25
- Kim Baublys @KimBaublys - 2019-06-24
- Stevan Walter @BersiWalter - 2019-06-24
- Nippon.com @nippon_en - 2019-06-24
- Steve Weintz @Moe_Delaun - 2019-06-24
- David Wright @ohthatwright - 2019-06-24
- Can u Händel diz @Andreas_Maris_ - 2019-06-24
- Peter Sandham @HKSandham - 2019-06-24
- Sofia @eternalw1 - 2019-06-23
- Cecalli Helper @Cecalli_Helper - 2019-06-22
- The Betting Club 🚀 @TheBettingCo1 - 2019-06-22
- accossato racing @accossato - 2019-06-22
- OSX2012 @OSX2012 - 2019-06-22
- Naoki Nihei @twobottles2N - 2019-06-21
- Steven @sustain05 - 2019-06-21
- CambEngJP004 @Cambridge_Japan - 2019-06-21
- UNDP KyrgyzRepublic @undpkg - 2019-06-21
- Silver Watchdog @Silver_Watchdog - 2019-06-21
- アジアンビートちゃん @asianbeat_chan - 2019-06-20