Yashima Dankorei observation deck
Yashima is a peninsula with a 292 meters high table-top plateau jutting out into the Seto Inland Sea. The name "Yashima", or Roof Island, derives from its flat top that looks like a roof. Yashima is famous as the place where the Battle of Dan-no-Ura, a major sea battle of the Genpei War occurred in 1184.
From Dankorei observation deck on the mountaintop of Yashima, you can see a spectacular view of the Seto Inland Sea, the site of the main battlefield during the Battle of Dan-no-Ura. You can also experience Kawarake-Nage (throwing dishes) held here by the Genji clan, the winner of the Battle of Dan-no-Ura. This is an ancient ceremony to protect against evil by throwing out dishes. Small unglazed dishes for Kawarake-Nage are sold at the souvenir shops and hotels in Yashima and you can throw them from here.
- 5:00 - 23:00
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes from Kotoden-Yashima Station on the Kotoden Shido Line by the shuttle bus between JR Yashima Station and Yashima-sanjo. Get off at Yashima-sanjo Bus stop.
- 18 minutes from JR Yashima Station by the shuttle bus between JR Yashima Station and Yashima-sanjo. Get off at Yashima-sanjo Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 1815-1, Yashima Higashimachi, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa, 761-0111
- miyoshi5971 @miyoshi5971 - 2019-02-22
- 🇯🇵Origami🏳️🌈 @origami444 - 2019-02-21
- 高松翔 @Takamatsu_Sho - 2019-02-21
- Akira Takamatsu @akira_takamatsu - 2019-02-15
- sunrisebot @sunrisebot - 2019-02-15
- She Wanders the Globe @SheWandersGlobe - 2019-02-15
- JpnScope @jpnscope - 2019-02-14
- The Train Hacker 🚅 @TheTrainHacker - 2019-02-14
- DharmaVirodhi Aditya @almostinfamous - 2019-02-14