Yokohama Museum of Art specializes in modern and contemporary art. The building was designed by Kenzo Tange, a noted Japanese architect who also designed the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Inside the three-story building, there are a library, gallery, shop and restaurant.
The museum’s interesting exhibit themes always attract visitors. An impressive selection of works is also on display in the photography galleries.
- 10:00 – 18:00
- 10:00 – 20:00 (Fridays)
- Year-end and New Year’s holidays
Price / Rate
- Regular Exhibition: 500 yen (General, Adult)
- Regular Exhibition: 100 – 300 yen (Student)
- Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes walk from Sakuragi-cho Station on the JR lines or Yokohama Municipal Subway
- 3 minutes walk from Minatomirai Station on the Minatomirai Line (MM03)
Address / Location
- 3-4-1, Minatomirai , Nishi-ku Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 220-0012