Yusen-tei Garden was originally built in 1754 as a villa for a feudal lord Kuroda Tsugutaka. Then the garden was rebuilt into a classic Japanese-style garden and opened to the public. Visitors can enjoy a great view of the garden from a large hall of the main building constructed in the early Showa period (1926 - 1989). Visitors can also visit the two tea ceremony rooms in the garden and taste Matcha green tea with Japanese traditional confectionery.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- December 29 - January 1
Price / Rate
- 200 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes from JR Hakata Station by the #12 bus. Get off at Yusen-tei Bus stop.
- 35 minutes from JR Hakata Station by the #13, 16, 54, 96, or 113 bus. Get off at Yusen Chugakko-mae Bus stop, then walk 10 minutes.
- 25 minutes walk from Ropponmatsu Station on the Fukuoka City Subway Nanakuma Line (N11)
- 福岡の日本庭園 友泉亭公園 黒田藩の家風を偲ばせる「幽玄静寂」な池泉廻遊式純日本庭園 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-46, Yusentei, Jonan-ku Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 814-0122