Located in Daikon-shima Island, Yuushi-en consists of a 40,000 square-meter garden with the peony flower as its predominant symbol. In the "House of Peony", large flowered peony can be viewed in bloom year-round. The garden also incorporates the volcanic rock on which Daikon-shima Island is formed into the garden's design. And unlike other gardens that are created to be viewed, Yuushi-en is designed as a walk-through garden.
There are also a restaurant and café both serving high quality food and beverages. The restaurant provides patrons with a lovely garden-view, and serves fine cuisine utilizing local ingredients such as the wildly popular Daikon-shima Ginseng.
- 8:30 - 17:30
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 800 yen (General, Adult)
- 300 - 400 yen (Student)
- 200 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from JR Matsue Station by Matsue-Sakaiminato Shuttle Bus. Get off at Yuushien Bus stop.
- 45 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Yatsukacho, Yatsukacho-chuo or Joshiko. Get off at Yatsukacho-chuo Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 1260-2, Yatsukacho Hanyu, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-1404
- Frédérique DUMAS @ShizenNoSei - 2016-08-18
- Kei [sakura] @kei_rhm - 2015-05-01