Located next to Hideo Noguchi Memorial Hall, Aizu Folk Museum displays articles and tools used by the local people of pre-modern days or in the late Edo period (1603 – 1868).
There are a Japanese traditional house called Former Baba Family Residence which was used to be the local farmer's house and a hut where candle wax was produced.
The both of the buildings are designated as national cultural properties.
- 9:00 - 17:00 (April - October)
- 9:00 – 16:30 (November - March)
- Tuesdays (March 21 – October 31, except national holidays)
- Tuesday - Friday (November 20 – March 20. Except for New Year's holidays)
Access / Public Transport
- 8 minutes from JR Inawashiro Station by the bus bound for Nagahama / Kin-no-hashi. Get off at Noguchi Hideyo Kinenkan-mae Bus stop.