The Akashi-Kaikyo Ohashi Bridge is the world’s longest (3911.1 meters) suspension bridge connecting the Maiko district of Kobe and Awaji Island.
At the Maiko Marine Promenade, a observation facility in the bridge, you can enjoy the splendid view of Akashi Strait from 47 meters above sea level.
Also, you can even go to the top of the bridge by joining a tour.
The illumination of Akashi-Kaikyo Ohashi Bridge has a different color for different seasons and times, based on the color image of monthly birthstones, for example.
From its illumination, the suspension bridge was nicknamed "Pearl Bridge" when it was completed in 1998, but the nickname is not so common today.
- Maiko Marine Promenade: 9:30 - 18:00
- Visit Tour: 9:30 - 12:10, 13:30 - 16:10 (Tuesday - Sunday and national holidays in April - November)
- Maiko Marine Promenade: 2nd Monday of each month
- Visit Tour: Monday - Wednesday, December - March
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from JR Maiko Station
- 5 minutes walk from Maiko-koen Station on the Sanyo Main Line