Ghibli Museum was designed by Hayao Miyazaki, Japan's top animation director known for his Academy Award winning "Spirited Away".
Visitors are welcomed by Totoro and other characters from his animation films.
The museum exhibits the process of making animation films.
At the movie theater in the museum, short movies that are only available here are shown.
There are also a Neko Bus (Cat Bus) Room for little kids, a coffee shop, and a museum shop.
Visitors need to purchase tickets in advance to enter the museum.
The tickets can be purchased at LAWSON convenience stores in Japan or designated local travel agencies in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, North America, Europe and Australia.
- Admission allowed from 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, or 16:00 (Specified date and time on the ticket)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from JR Mitaka Station
- 15 minutes walk from Kichijoji Station on the JR lines or Keio Inokashira Line (IN17)
- 15 minutes walk from Inokashira-koen Station on the Keio Inokashira Line (IN16)
Address / Location
In fact, the elevators of the 'Great Ghibli Store' are only available on the first… https://t.co/JlnxrmGStM
Actually, only for the first and second floors of the 'Ghibli's Big Warehouse' el… https://t.co/64GBXafyQy
The tote’s pattern is inspired by a manhole in… https://t.co/2yYiOOYZWC