Located next to the Kushida Shrine, this tow-storied wooden building is a home to Fukuoka’s various traditional arts and crafts such as "Hakata Ori" (woven textile) and "Hakata Ningyo" (dolls).
Various exhibitions, workshops, and lectures are held in the Gallery Room in the first floor.
The second floor mainly focuses on "Hakata Ori" and "Hakata Ningyo", explaining their history and manufacturing methods.
- 10:00 - 18:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Wednesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- December 29 - December 31
Access / Public Transport
- 5 minutes walk from Nakasu-Kawabata Station on the Fukuoka City Subway Kuko Line (K09)
- 5 minutes walk from Gion Station on the Fukuoka City Subway Kuko Line (K10)