Hamura Zoo is Japan's first town‐managed zoo opened in 1978.
The zoo has an at-home atmosphere and is suitable for family outing.
When entering to the zoo, lesser pandas will greet you.
You can play with guinea pigs and chicks, too.
There are also a natural forest with a pond and a spacious grass field where you can relax.
- 9:00 - 16:30 (March - October) *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- 9:00 - 16:00 (November - February) *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (except national holidays)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from JR Hamura Station
- 10 minutes from JR Hamura Station by the bus bound for Nagaoka-junkan or Hakonegasaki-eki.Get off at Hamura-danchi Bus stop.