Hara Museum of Contemporary Art holds a collection of paintings and sculptures from 1950 to the present created by leading artists of the United States, Europe and Japan.
Special exhibitions and events are held 5 or 6 times a year.
The building of the private home-turned-museum was built in 1938 by Jin Watanabe, the architect who also designed Wako clock tower in Ginza and the main building of Tokyo National Museum.
There are also a café facing the beautiful garden and a shop in the museum.
- 11:00 – 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- 11:00 – 20:00 (Wednesdays except national holidays) *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from JR Shinagawa Station
- 5 minutes from JR Shinagawa Station by the bus bound for Gotanda Station. Get off at Gotenyama Bus stop.