Higotai Park is located at the foot of Mt. Kuju-san.
The park is famous for its collection of flowers and rare species of wild plants native to Aso, such as 1,000 of Higotai (Echinops setifer) which bloom in the summer.
Fields of cosmos with their riot of color are another special feature of the park in the autumn.
Salvia and Lavender are also can be seen here.
A part of the park is used as a campsite.
- 8:30 - 17:00
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 40 minutes taxi ride from JR Miyaji Station
Address / Location
- Umihotaru @9HUrne5nPVQ7p5h - 2020-09-19
- 💕🦋❣️Me❣️🦋💕 @Me87442466 - 2020-09-06
- HI-JAPAN @YH_JPN_E - 2019-08-27
- HI-JAPAN @YH_JPN_E - 2019-02-28
- Heartland JAPAN @Heartland_JAPAN - 2018-08-11