Hinode-Sanso was a mountain villa of the former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone.
The place is known as a place where he held a meeting with the U.S.
President Ronald Reagan on November 11, 1983.
He also invited the General Secretary of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev, the President of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan, and other U.S.
Presidents to this traditional Japanese villa.
In 2006, Nakasone donated the villa to Hinode Town, and it is now open to the public.
- 10:00 - 15:30 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays, Tuesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes taxi ride from JR Musashi-Itsukaichi Station
- 10 minutes from JR Musashi-Itsukaichi Station by the bus bound for Fussa via Hirai. Get off at Kayakubo Bus stop, then walk 30 minutes.