Hokkaido-jingu Shrine was built by the Meiji government in 1869 to enshrine the deities of development and protect the pioneers of Hokkaido.
The precincts of the shrine are popular places for bird-watching and Hanami (cherry blossom viewing).
Hokkaido-jingu Reisai Festival (Sapporo Matsuri Festival) is held here from June 14 - 16 every year and you can see the parades of portable shrines and floats.
- 7:00 - 16:00 (November 1 - February 14)
- 7:00 - 16:30 (February 15 - March 31)
- 6:00 - 17:00 (April 1 - October 15)
- 6:00 - 16:30 (October 16 - October 31)
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from Maruyama-Koen Station on the Sapporo Municipal Subway Tozai Line (T06)