The small boat takes you around Matsue Castle's historical inner and outer moats, passing points of interest, which you may not see otherwise.
Along the way, the boat also passes under particularly low-built bridges from time to time, meaning the passengers need to duck down as the roof lowers - a fun experience for all.
Kotatsu heaters are placed on the boat during winter and passengers can literally experience the "warmth" of Japanese tradition.
There are three boarding piers around the castle: Horikawa Fureai Hiroba (Kuroda-cho), Karakoro Hiroba (Kyomise) and Otemae Hiroba (Tono-machi).
- 9:00 - 17:00 (March - June, September - October 10)
- 9:00 - 18:00 (July - August)
- 9:00 - 16:00 (October 11 - February)
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- Horikawa Fureai Hiroba: 15 minutes from JR Matsue Station by Lakeline Bus. Get off at Horikawa Yuransen Noriba Bus stop.
Address / Location
- BB7-4 @74brad74 - 2016-10-19
- Saori Sam @SaoriGirl - 2015-08-18
- Dealorer.com @Dealorer - 2015-08-06