As part of one of the most unique hot spa experiences in the world, visitors lie on the beach wearing a simple, light cotton kimono and are then buried under hot spring warmed sand.
It is not only good for beauty, but also good for health.
It has been medically proven that the weight and temperature of the sand, and the natural compounds contained in the hot springs, can help improve a person's blood circulation.
You can try sand bathing at over 20 hotels along the Kagoshima Bay or the spa facility called "Saraku".
- Natural Sand Bath Center "Saraku": 8:30 - 21:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Natural Sand Bath Center "Saraku": No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from JR Ibusuki Station
Address / Location
- tsunagu Japan @tsunagu_Japan - 2020-06-24
- Shogun Designs @Shogundesigns - 2020-01-21
- popor @ntcpp - 2016-11-28
- MOFA of Japan @MofaJapan_en - 2016-08-26
- Odigo @OdigoTravel - 2016-02-12