Iwaya Caves on Enoshima Island have been eroded by the tides over thousands of years, and elevated up from the sea by repeated earthquakes.
The spot is still impressive, though it has lost some of its ancient wonder through redevelopment as a tourist sight.
Ando Hiroshige, Katsushika Hokusai, Utagawa Toyokuni, and other famous Ukiyo-e artists rendered Iwaya and Enoshima in many of their woodblock prints.
- 9:00 - 17:00 (March - October)
- 9:00 - 16:00 (November - February)
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes walk from Katase-Enoshima Station on the Odakyu Enoshima Line
- 7 minutes walk from Katase-Enoshima Station on the Odakyu Enoshima Line, then take a boat from the bording area (10 minutes ride).
Address / Location
- Discover Fujisawa @discover_fuji - 2021-09-20
- HEVVHOCORRVPTS @he_who_corrupts - 2016-11-25
- The Vintage News @TvnVintage - 2016-08-27
- Japan Info @Japan_Info_ - 2016-03-11
- Japan Awesomes @japanawe - 2016-03-01
- jo @neongreenribbon - 2016-01-04