The house of Yamamoto Einosuke, a business person in the Taisho era (1912 - 1926), is now open to the public.
There are many attractions including a warehouse, a tenement house with a gate that combines Western and Japanese styles of architecture, and a beautiful garden arranging a fountain pond and a small artificial hill.
There is a corner with a tea shop, where visitors may take a rest after strolling at Shibamata.
- 9:00 – 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- 3rd Tuesday of each month (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- 3rd Tuesday through Thursday in December
Access / Public Transport
- 8 minutes walk from Shibamata Station on the Keisei Kanamachi Line (KS50)
- 12 minutes walk from Shin-Shibamata Station on the Hokuso Line (HS01)