Kinosaki is a small, elegant hot spring town located in the northern part of Hyogo prefecture on the Sea of Japan.
It has an about a 1,300-year history, and Kinosaki Onsen was awarded two stars in the "Michelin Green Guide Japon (French version)" published in 2013.
One of the main attractions of Kinosaki is public bath facilities called Sotoyu.
There are seven Sotoyu (Kouno-yu, Mandara-yu, Goshono-yu, Ichino-yu, Yanagi-yu, Jizou-yu, and Satono-yu) in this town.
The public baths have regularly scheduled holidays, so check this out beforehand.
The person who is the first to enter each public bath each day will be gifted an Iichiban-fuda (First visitor card).
Kinosaki is also known as Yukata (cotton kimono) village.
At most inns in Japan, guests are allowed to wear the Ryokan's Yukata only inside the inn because such Yukata are considered to be a kind of nightclothes.
But in Kinosaki Onsen, it is different.
With the hot spring town being seen as one large Ryokan, walking around the town in comfortable Yukata is a natural thing, one of the things that makes Kinosaki so relaxing and enjoyable.
You can wear original, relatively simple Yukata of the inns prepare colorful, fashionable Yukata for your choice.
Yunosato-dori is a bustling street with many tourists, lined with nostalgic wooden Ryokan inns including Koman Ryokan established more than 1,000 years ago.
Off this main street, Kiyamachi-dori is a quiet promenade and Kitayanagi-dori is a picturesque street with lovely willow trees.
Another attraction in Kinosaki is beautiful fireflies that can be seen at night from early to late June.
Savoring the winter delicacies from the Sea of Japan and relaxing in a hot spring bath is also the perfect way to enjoy a laid-back stay here.
- Tourist information center (Kinosaki Bungei-kan): 9:00 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Tourist information center (Kinosaki Bungei-kan): Last Wednesday of each month (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Access / Public Transport
- Tourist information center (Kinosaki Bungei-kan): 5 minutes walk from JR Kinosaki-Onsen Station
Address / Location
- Dishani ama MİNİK BÜRSİN @dishani_ch - 2021-09-09
- Japan Wonder Travel @JapanWTravel - 2021-09-08
- Go to Travel welcomes foreign residents in Japan! @kuonitumlarejp - 2021-09-02
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-08-30
- kamomenokimoti @kamomenokimoti - 2021-08-18
- TakakoS FoodS LoverS 💙 @takakos_htm - 2021-08-09
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-07-16
- Japan's Local Treasures @J_LocalTreasure - 2021-07-16
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-06-28
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-06-26
- Niki ニキ @nikiinjapantw - 2021-06-19
- The Real Japan @TheRealJapan1 - 2021-06-17
- Niki ニキ @nikiinjapantw - 2021-06-07
- 城崎国際アートセンター @Kinosaki_IAC - 2021-06-05
- Haruna channel (Japanese girl ) @ChannelHaruna - 2021-05-31
- Niki ニキ @nikiinjapantw - 2021-05-26
- Studio Neko スタジオねこ @studionekotw - 2021-05-26
- Niki ニキ @nikiinjapantw - 2021-05-17
- VkngdmV @VkngdmV - 2021-05-16
- EurekaMag @EurekaMag - 2021-04-28
- GOOD CHOICE TOKYO @ChoiceTokyo - 2021-04-12
- The Real Japan @TheRealJapan1 - 2021-04-09
- COOL JAPAN VIDEOS｜New site launched Sep 16, 2020 @cjv_en - 2021-03-27
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-03-14
- 人 @4Pr3t8yjjQ4pnnH - 2021-03-09
- 人 @4Pr3t8yjjQ4pnnH - 2021-03-09
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-02-28
- Japan Shop @JapanItemShop3 - 2021-02-14
- Japan's Local Treasures @J_LocalTreasure - 2021-02-14
- Japan's Local Treasures @J_LocalTreasure - 2021-02-05