Kitayamazaki features 8 kilometers long, 200 meters high cliffs along the Sanriku-kaigan Coast.
The cliffs are also called "Alps of the sea" because of its splendid scenery.
You can go down to the edge of the water and look up the cliffs by walking on a trail which stretches from Kitayamazaki observation deck on top of the cliffs.
You can also watch the high-definition movie of the cliffs on a large screen at Kitayamazaki visitor center located near the observation deck.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes from JR Tanohata Station by the bus bound for Tsukue. Get off at Kitayamazaki Bus stop.
Address / Location
- GoNorth Japan @GonorthJ - 2021-07-21
- Japan Consulate Miami @JapanCons_Miami - 2020-11-04
- Pixel Vixen （ピクセルヴィクセン） @LaPixelVixen - 2020-05-31
- Gonorth Japan @GonorthJ - 2019-12-06
- Wombat (Kyushu Trail) @kyushutrail - 2019-12-06
- Davide Soliani @DavideSoliani - 2018-09-08
- Japan Hoppers @JapanHoppers - 2018-07-24
- Anthony Hsieh @anthonyhsieh9 - 2017-11-12
- Lahiox~ @Lahiox - 2017-11-12
- PaisajesIncreibles @PaisajesIn - 2017-11-12
- greg johnston @grregjoh - 2017-11-12
- Japan Hoppers @JapanHoppers - 2017-01-09
- The Green Balbo @greenbalbo - 2015-10-13
- Antonio Smith @YaBoiDaTruth1 - 2015-08-31