Kumagai Residence is the largest merchant residence in Omori.
The residence was involved with the management and administration of the mine during the 17th century.
After that, it served as a guest house for merchants and officials visiting the Magistrate's Office.
The building was also involved in the production of Sake (Japanese rice wine) from the end of the Edo Period (1603 - 1868).
There are more than 20 rooms and five storehouses in this grand home, and visitors can soak up the atmosphere of rich merchant life.
- 9:30 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Last Tuesday of each month
- New Year's Holiday
Access / Public Transport
- 26 minutes from JR Oda-shi Station by Kawamoto Line bus. Get off at Omori Daikansyo-ato Bus stop.
Address / Location
- tamami @rontamamomo - 2018-11-27
- tamami @rontamamomo - 2018-11-21
- AmericanTapDanceFd. @ATDForg - 2018-10-19
- Sarra Kumagai @Sarra_Kumagai - 2017-09-18
- Michael Kelly Jr @_MichaelKellyJr - 2016-06-07